July 3, 2008

Teresa's Restaurant


Teresa's is located just a couple of blocks from my current digs, so I've gone here a couple of times when I've been in a "I-need-brunch-now-gimme-eggy-goodness" kind of mood. Jennifer and I have been here a couple of times, both after dancing around Brooklyn the night before. The restaurant is situated just a block or two from the promenade and offers some outdoor seating during permissive weather.

Teresa's actually specializes in Polish fair, with blintzes, perogies and similar dishes represented. They also offer standard diner-type options like salads, burgers, sandwiches, and, of course, breakfast. I ordered me up some challah french toast with sausage (about $6+$2). When it came, my eyes got big--it was huge! Big slices of grilled custard-dipped challah piled high with powdered sugar. It was sweet and there was lots of it. Definitely good french toast, and a hearty portion. The sausage was okay. Served it's purpose of adding some salt to the mix, but not much else.

I've never ventured beyond breakfast, which is served all day, but I trust the rest of the menu would be worth trying. It's homestyle cooking, and pretty reasonably priced. The setting is also homey and warm, and the crowd is a mix of all ages.

I'd suggest going here if you're nearby and in need of some homestyle favorites or some Polish classics. -Laurel


Just like Biscuits and Gravy seem to be our forte when it comes to Book Clubbin', Teresa's seems to be our next day spot when it comes to hanging out at The Rub at Southpaw in Park Slope. I've met Laurel here twice now and the place gave me exactly what I was craving - eggs, bacon, toast. It's not necessarily that impressive, but it's tasty and hits the spot.

Our dining companion opted for the blintzes and pierogies, which I tried and loved. I hadn't had too many pierogies in my day (and all the ones I had had were frozen), so these were fantastic. It actually put me in a little pierogi kick!

Either way, Teresa's is fast, the waitress is nice, and it's worth a trip from wherever I stayed in Brooklyn the night before. Wait, that sounds bad. It's worth a trip. Period. I'm actually craving a pierogi from there right now...or eggs. I think I'm going to go there. -Jennifer

Address: 80 Montague St (between Hicks St & Pierrepont Pl, Brooklyn Heights)

Website: Yelp

Payment: Cash/Credit Cards

Take Out: Yes

Delivery: Yes
Large Group Friendly: Yes

Bar/Happy Hour: Full Bar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails